Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Trainwreck by Michele Micheal Rakes


Trainwreck
Michele Micheal Rakes 

Series: Trainwreck
Book: One
Release Date: January 25, 2016
Pages or Words: 374 pages
Publisher: Michele Micheal Rakes
Cover Artist: Drai Bearwomyn
Cover Photography by Dan Skinner
Editing: Tina Adamski
Categories: BDSM, Bisexual, Crime Fiction, Erotica, Fiction, Gay Fiction, M/M Romance, Ménage/Poly, Romance, Thriller


Goodreads

Blurb:
Detective Sergeant Vincent Sweetwater hates dead bodies. That’s why he’s an undercover narc and not a homicide dick. So why is he standing on a sandy beach in California staring at a lifeless body—oh yeah, the suicide attempt. Lieutenant Hanson is making a statement. Something about life worth living. Shows what he knows.
As Vince examines the tortured body, he feels an empathy and déjà vu for the victim, her wounds are similar to scars he has only a vague memory receiving. An intense desire to find her killer fills his queasy belly as a dark game of cat and mouse begins.
The young woman’s death forces Vince back into a secret life dominated by sex, perversion, and sadomasochism. Estranged from his wife he still loves and longing for the man who possessed him once, Vince buries his torment deep inside meaningless sex.

*Warning: This book contains adult content and situations. NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH.

Excerpts:
Vincent Sweetwater twisted the Harley’s throttle. The power in the motor thrummed between his legs. The bike seemed heavy, angry; like she wanted to fall flat on her face. Like she yearned to drag him across the gritty asphalt. Vince needed to feel the pavement shred his clothing and bite into his skin. Punishment for being a man who thrived on suffering. 

Why can’t I control myself, damn it?
-You’re supposed to be one of the good guys.
Fuck off.
-Stop drinking, Sweetwater.
Vince envisioned choking the life out of his conscience. The damn thing made it difficult to be an asshole, yet somehow he didn't let it stop him. Nothing stopped him from being a dick to his wife. Vince squeezed the throttle. The speed would numb his mind.
The machine growled beneath him, giving her two fucking cents, and he ignored the wanton slut. Vince was too malicious to give her what she craved. If he did, there would be no turning back.
Still, the iron bitch demanded more power. Urged by a quiet whisper from somewhere in the darkness of his mind, Vince let off the throttle long enough to grasp the clutch and toe it into sixth.


Available at: Amazon

Guest Post- Critical life events or choices that have shaped who I am by 
Michele Michael Rakes

In June of 1982 I met Mary Castleman. The day was last one for that school year. She gave me her number and told me to call her before the start of the next school year. We were twelve. She was a tall blond cowgirl. I was a short punker with multicolored hair. I was in love.

After the summer, I called. She didn’t remember me. Our souls were never apart from that moment. She liked to tell people we met when we were five. I think perhaps we did in previous life. Even apart, as life takes us, we always came back together.

My life with Mary was wrought with ups and downs. As is all our lives. She inspired the character of Mica in Trainwreck, the only book of mine she read. My husband, Scott inspired Greg. Vince is me. Trainwreck is a story of a love triad. Mary called me wife and she was mine. Life after the kids have grown was meant to be the three of us, together, but cancer stole the dream away.
Summers spent riding our Harley’s are gone. Her helmet is strapped to my front forks and she will always ride with me. February 13th, 1970, Mary Louise Castleman came into the world. Five months later, I followed.

As I write this on her first birthday without her, I realize I can’t always follow her, but I promised to meet her again in the next life. A week before she passed, I lay in bed with her as she’s in and out of consciousness. I promised to be the hottest guy a the bike rally: that’s how she’d know it’s me. She laughed. I never knew how much I’d love that cowgirl turned biker back when we met in junior high. All I knew was, I never wanted to be without her, ever.

Now I’m without her and I have to go on. Trainwreck is being published in her memory. She encouraged me to write. It’s all I ever wanted to do. Mary made me grab my balls and buy a Harley. She about fell over when I did and then she hopped on hers, not worried about the fact I’d never ride behind her again. We would ride ahead of Scott and wiggle our asses at him in unison. He said he had the best view and it wasn’t of the trees we were riding through.

I guess, if anything or anyone shaped my life: it was my wife, Mary. I’m who I am today because of her and Scott. Now, since her death on October 30th, 2015, I’m having to reinvent Mikey again. As someone who has lost the other half of myself. My struggle is to keep doing the things she loved in me.

Me, with my wife, Mary and my husband, Scott on a trip to Idaho, our friend Mindy was the photographer. Mary was already suffering from cancer. She fought for three years. I never imagined she’d lose the battle. Someone as strong as her couldn’t die. And her soul hasn’t. She lives on in my heart.

Meet the author:
Michele Micheal Rakes lives in a small town in the shadow of a big mountain and works as a surgical technologist assisting in the removal of tonsils and testicles. Three grown children, a one year old granddaughter named Thrasher, two psychotic Egyptian Mau’s, a husband with hair down to his knees, an Amazon for a wife, two Harley’s, and a ferret named Teeny Tiny Ferret Feet (husband insists her name Little Feet, we all know he’s wrong) life is gets pretty wild.
Note: Wife recently passed away from cancer and this book is dedicated in loving memory of Mary Louise Castleman. Love you babe!

a Rafflecopter giveaway
 
Tour Dates & Stops: 

17-Feb - Book Lovers 4Ever, Scattered Thoughts & Rogue Words 
24-Feb - Love Bytes, Mikky's World of Books  
2-Mar - Full Moon Dreaming, Man2ManTastic, Bonkers About Books, Bayou Book Junkie 
9-Mar - BFD Book Blog, Velvet Panic, My Fiction Nook, Gay Media Reviews, The Novel Approach 
16-Mar - Happily Ever Chapter, Hearts on Fire
23-Mar - Two Chicks Obsessed With Books and Eye Candy, Three Books Over The Rainbow
30-Mar - Wicked Faerie's Tales and Reviews, KathyMac Reviews
6-Apr - Havan Fellows, Jessie G. Books
13-Apr - Cathy Brockman Romances, Inked Rainbow Reads
20-Apr - Divine Magazine, Prism Book Alliance
27-Apr - Molly Lolly
4-May - Dawn’s Reading Nook
11-May - Alpha Book Club
18-May - MM Good Book Reviews
25-May - Louise Lyons
1-Jun - Elisa - My Reviews and Ramblings 

 

7 comments: