Monday, November 9, 2015

SAFETY IN NUMBERS by Jessie G.

Safety in Numbers

Series:Sizzling Miami #5

Author's Name: Jessie G.

Genre: M/M - Contemporary

Main Characters: Chris and Owen & Billy and Liam

Release Date: Oct 31, 2015

Book Provided by: ARC

Reviewed by: Wendy

My Rating: 5 stars

Goodreads

Blurb:

“Bro’s stick together no matter what.”
When Chris and Liam made that promise, they had no idea how important it would become or how it would be tested in the most brutal way. Nine years later, their bond cemented in blood, that relationship is all they have to hold onto. Or is it?
“No matter what happens, this friendship will be the one constant we can count on.”
When Billy and Owen made that promise, they knew exactly how dangerous the world could be. They survived prison by protecting each other and they survived freedom by holding that promise sacred. Now they wanted more, not from each other, but from the brothers who were reluctant to let anyone into their bond.
“We are stronger together than we’ll ever be apart.”
Self-sacrifice was nothing new to Chris and he refused to be as vulnerable as the men looking to him for support. He just wasn’t sure if he was the leader they believed him to be. Can he give Owen the strength to break through his fears? Can he show Billy that he isn't defined by his past? Can he break his silence without destroying the brother he risked his life to protect?
Or is the real question: Who will save Chris?


 Front Cover-Owen & Chris                                 Back Cover- Liam & Billy
                   
MY Chris


Review: 
Fantastic, worth the wait, amazing, sexy, overwhelming, a real tearjerker are only a few things I can say about this book. I LOVED IT. I have been waiting, what seems like forever, for MY Chris to have his story told.  To me there is nothing more appealing than a seemingly broken man who turns everything around and finds his happiness and true love. For years Chris and Owen have been dancing around their feelings but it was never the right time to make the move to a relationship. When everything lined up for these two they came together in a powerful climax. Yep, pun intended but once you read this book you will get it. 
Now to Liam and Billy, but before anyone says, "ewww" a foursome in this book, nope it is not a book about multiple partners. This book is about two separate couples that are connected by more than blood. Family does not always mean the same blood and these four men have learned that from each other. Even though I am a diehard Chris fan (and Saul- he's my second favorite now) I loved the story between Billy and Liam, like Chris and Owen they have been dancing around each other too long and finally with the darkness lifting in their lives they can be together. 
At the end of every year I vote on my favorite books for the year, let me give you a preview...THIS book will be on that list. I will add this book to my re-read list because it is that amazing. I cannot wait to read more about Chris and Owen and am looking forward to their novella in 2016. 

Favorite quotes from Safety in Numbers by Jessie G.
"Owen, I've never asked a guy to be my whole world before. How do I do that?"
"That was perfect," Owen whispered, completely stunned. 

"Chris?" The shaky whisper drew his gaze up and he found those green eyes bright with emotion. "I wanted you from the first moment I saw you and I feel like I've loved you just as long. You make me believe that I can be the man I thought I was, the one you think you see, and I couldn't be that before now. You are what I am missing--my home, my heart, my strength, my whole world--and I want to be all those.
"You are all those things for me," Chris promised as he pulled back before joining them completely again. "I love you."
Owen cupped Chris's face to pull him down, and whispered, "Make me feel it."

No comments:

Post a Comment