Monday, August 31, 2015

BONDED by Laura Wright

Book Name: Bonded

Series: The Cavanaugh Brothers #4

Author's Name: Laura Wright

Genre: M/F- Contemporary Romance

Main Characters: Blue and Emily

Release Date: September 1, 2015

Book Provided by: Netgalley ARC

Reviewed by: Wendy

My Rating: 3 stars

Website ~ Goodreads ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Amazon

Blurb: 
Ranch hand Blue Perez’s once simple life is spinning out of control. He’s discovered he has three half-brothers, and they’re not ready to accept his claim on the ranch. Also, Blue’s girlfriend may have betrayed him in the worst way possible. And after one evening of drowning his sorrows at the bar, there’s someone he can’t get out of his mind, a woman who says she’s carrying his child.
Following a night of breathtaking passion in the arms of the man she’s longed for all her life, waitress Emily Shiver is contemplating her next step. With everything that’s going on in Blue’s life, she doesn’t want to force him into fatherhood. Yet as hard hearted as he may seem, Blue can’t turn his back on her, particularly when she becomes the target of someone’s dark obsession.... 


Review: I really enjoyed the first three books and I tried so hard to like this one but Blue whined, bitched, and moaned through 77% of this book. I completely understand that he was lied to, heartbroken, and felt like an outsider to his "new" brothers, but jeez he just could not let anything go. His actions regarding sex and intimacy with Emily due to his insecure feelings was very selfish in my opinion. Unfortunately I think I should have stopped at book three when I found out who killed Cass because this book was a "filler" book for me. I truly love all of Laura Wright's books but this one fell short for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment