Author: Jessica Stone
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: January 17, 2014
Lucas Kent didn’t expect trouble to follow him to Honolulu. But danger, like love, is often where you least expect it.
Alicia Baker is a directionless diamond heiress nursing an obsession with detective novels when a real life investigation falls in her lap.
When Alicia finds out Lucas is a murder suspect, she tries to fight her growing attraction to him to solve this mystery. With the enemy hot on their trail, Lucas struggles to find his friend’s killer before the killer finds them.
Available at: Amazon Amazon UK Amazon CA
Guest Post by Jessica Stone
Aloha again! Has all this talk about Hawaii put you in the Aloha Spirit yet? In that case, today I thought I would share some places to visit when you come to Oahu. There’s a lot to do here, so these are just some suggestions to get you started. Most of these places aren’t exactly secret, but they’re well known because they’re worth doing.
1. A great place to get started is the Polynesian Cultural Center. It’s not cheap, but it’s a really good place to learn about the islands. They also have a good luau, and you can’t come to Hawaii without doing a luau. http://www.polynesia.com/
2. Next, visit Diamondhead. It’s only about a mile walk to the top and the view of Honolulu is fantastic. http://www.hawaiistateparks.org/parks/oahu/?park_id=15
3. Ready for some snorkeling? Hanauma Bay is the best known spot on Oahu for the breathtaking scenery and the reef teeming with tropical fish. Your best bet is to go early in the day to avoid crowds and rougher surf. http://www1.honolulu.gov/parks/facility/hanaumabay/information.htm
4. If you just want to hit the beach without surfing, you have to go to Waikiki Beach at least once. Yes, it can be busy, but it’s famous and beautiful. Plus, it’s a great place to people watch. Tip: the west side of the beach by the Hilton Hawaiian is usually less crowded.
5. For a change of pace check out the Byodo- In Temple. It’s a beautiful replica of a 900 year old temple in Japan. http://www.byodo-in.com/
6. Another must see is Pearl Harbor, of course. But what you might not know is that it can be difficult to see it if you don’t register on their website ahead of time. To get the time you want, register at least a month in advance. Otherwise, you might need to pay for a tour to see it. http://www.nps.gov/valr/planyourvisit/index.htm
7. The active volcanoes are on the Big Island, so take a day tour to see Volcanoes National Park. It’s absolutely worth it, and if you’re lucky you may be able to see the current lava flow. http://www.nps.gov/havo/index.htm
8. If you’re here during the right season you have to see the humpback whales. The best time to catch them is from December to April. You can sometimes see them from the shore, but most visitors opt to take a whale watching tour.
9. The really big waves are located on the north shore. November to February have the biggest waves, so go then to see the legendary surf.
10. Phew! All that touring can wear you out, so put up your feet, grab a pupu (appetizer) platter and a Mai Tai and watch the sunset!
That’s it! I hope you’ve enjoyed spending the week with me and learning about my home. Pick up my book Tropical Nights to read all about my adventures in Hawaii. Aloha!
About the Author:
Jessica Stone is an American writer currently living in Shanghai, China with her family. A lover of travel, she writes contemporary romance set in exotic locations around the globe. Her interests include classical history and literature, live music, and craft brewing.
$25.00 Amazon card
(please be patient, it takes the rafflecopter a minute to load)
Jessica Stone's TROPICAL NIGHTS
Blog Tour Schedule - 1/20 - 2/02
1/18 - Elle James' Blog (Guest Post)
1/20 - Night Owl Reviews (Spotlight & Excerpt)
1/20 - Nette's Bookshelf Reviews (Spotlight & Excerpt)
1/20 - Toot's Book Reviews (guest post)
1/20 - Rage, Sex and Teddy Bears (Spotlight & Excerpt)
1/21 - Charlene Blogs (Spotlight & Excerpt)
1/23 - C&F (spotlight)
1/24 - More Than a Review (guest post)
1/26 - For the Love of Bookends (Spotlight & Excerpt)
1/27 - Why I Can't Stop Reading (Spotlight & Excerpt)
1/28 - Romance Junkies (interview)
1/29 - Mythical Books (guest post)
1/29 - Paranormal Romance and Beyond (spotlight)
1/30 - The Lusty Literate (Spotlight & Excerpt)
1/30 - Books-n-Kisses (Spotlight & Excerpt)
1/31 - Booker Like a Hooker (Spotlight & Excerpt)
2/02 - Wicked Readings by Tawania (Spotlight & Excerpt)
2/02 - Vampires, Werewolves, & Fairies, Oh My! (Guest post)
2/02 - Two Sassy Chicks Book Blog (Spotlight & Excerpt)