Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Gamble with us today with Marie Harte & her men of Dawn Endeavor to introduce her latest book in the series, Grayson's Gamble. Today's contest/giveawy is a fantastic book, Fallon's Flame, to enter become a follower of this blog and tell me what you think of the yummy looking men below. Open to All!

I love shapeshifters of all types. I love the military. And I love hot, sexy men. So how to shake it up so they’re all together in one place? Why, write a series, of course. And to give it extra zing, don’t contain the romances to one man, one woman. Why not two or three men? Four? A woman here or there would work too, I suppose… I’m all about the characters, I swear, and this is the way it had to happen. So if you’re squeamish about men kissing men, these books may not be for you.

Grayson's Gamble is the fifth of my Dawn Endeavor books and releases Nov 22 from Loose Id. It’s a ménage story involving two men and one woman, and none of them are quite human. They’re Circs, and they like to bite, scratch and claw to get the job done. This story is really a stand-alone, though it takes place a year after the last Dawn Endeavor book, Gunnar’s Game, ended. You don’t need to read the others to understand this one, but Grayson did make his first appearance in Julian’s Jeopardy (Dawn Endeavor 3). 
Blah blah blah. Right. But what’s a Circ? What’s Dawn Endeavor? Why all this shameless name dropping and promotion? Where’s the sexy hero, and why is this series something worth reading? Besides the fact that I wrote it… *grin* 

Take four hot ex-SEALs, sign them up for a secret government project that turns them into inhuman supersoldiers, add a need for sex with other Circs, gender not specific, and mix in a whole lot of secrets and intrigue, and you have Dawn Endeavor.

I came up with the idea of supersoldiers over ten years ago, when I was still a wannabe romance writer and lieutenant in the Marine Corps. I had terrific ideas but little discipline to sit down and write them out, too busy partying with my friends or working out in the field, making sure the Division Forward had communications. (Fun, but involved. Don’t ask.) Ebooks weren’t viable, and email was still a fairly new concept to me. In other words, the e-reader didn’t exist.  Amazon, who?

Fast forward several years. I left the Marine Corps, had a family, and started writing for real. I took out the notes I’d made about Circe’s Recruits and wrote a story about a Marine who’d signed up for a secret supersoldier project, and Loose Id liked it. Hurray! Three more stories followed. The Circe’s Recruits  http://marieharte.com/series.html series did well, really well. By the time I’d gotten into the last book, Circe’s Recruits: Hale http://www.marieharte.com/LooseId.html#Circes_Recruits another group of Circs had snuck their way into existence.

Jules and his team wanted to escape the labs and torturous trials the Circe’s Recruits guys had left behind. And then Jules pestered me to write the Dawn Endeavor story. Three men led by Jules Hawkins: Jesse Fallon, Kisho Hayashi, and Frederik Gunnar Tersch. They were different than the original Circs. These guys had psychic skills and more conspiracies to uncover. Good guys weren’t black and white, but mostly gray. And then there was Mrs. Sharpe, their mysterious leader…

I had a ton of fun writing these stories. And I had motivation. I normally don’t look for pictures of my heroes, I just write them. But I was inspired by these guys. So I found a few shots that seemed to encapsulate my heroes. Mind you, these warriors were normal men before they received the shots of EP12, the Circe serum. They underwent genetic manipulation that altered them. They change into stronger, faster creatures neither man nor animal. Claws, fangs and hardened skin are just a few of their enhancements. They also suffer a mating heat, when only sex with another Circ will satisfy. It’s perpetuation of the species, Circ style. And it makes for a really “tight” team, if you get my meaning.

Meet the men of Dawn Endeavor:


Jesse Fallon: telepath, all around charmer, good guy. He’s the peacekeeper of the bunch, but he can’t keep his head straight around Olivia Lynn.

 Kisho Hayashi: Team prognosticator, the quiet one. He has the soul of a poet and the tortured past of a man who knows the true value of being accepted. He’s gay but not ready to come out of the closet, until he meets his mate, Morgan Reynolds.


Julian Hawkins: Can read auras, and has the odd ability to turn invisible with an alignment of his cells. He’s the leader of the bunch, alpha to the core, and nothing means more than the safety and well-being of his men. Until he meets his mate, a vulnerable redhead, in the most unlikely of places--the arms of his enemy. 

Frederik Gunnar Tersch: The scary Circ. Gunnar is the team’s resident Viking. He becomes a berserker, stronger and more brutal than anyone or anything. He can’t be beaten, which can be a problem when he fails to control his berserker’s violent nature. An abusive past keeps him from reaching out to his mate, afraid of hurting those he loves. But when the woman he wants as his own starts playing for keeps, he’s in over his head and struggling to break even against the one person destined for him.


I finished the series in November of 2010, when Gunnar’s Game http://www.loose-id.com/Dawn-Endeavor-4-Gunnars-Game.aspx released from Loose Id. I had several other projects ongoing, as I normally do, when I started getting a lot of questions about one Circ who appeared in two of the last books, Julian’s Jeopardy and Gunnar’s Game. Gunnar mated Ava, who has a brother not exactly normal. Grayson Belle is a natural born Circ, and he’s a real piece of work. He helped Ava and the Dawn Endeavor team overcome their enemies, but he’s always thought of himself as better than the artificial Circs. I knew he needed his own story, and when the positive response to the series continued, I finally wrote it.  Grayson is Ava’s brother, and he works for Admiral London and Mrs. Sharpe. But other than that, his story is its own entity. 

Here’s a short blurb.
Grayson Belle is one in a million. Unlike the government’s manufactured Circs -- the nation's warriors who’ve been mutated by the government into men who can shift form -- Gray was born with the ability to shapeshift and has a heightened sense of telepathy. But lately, his world has gone to hell. He’s prepared to throw in the towel after his current mission. He’s seriously messed up, lusting after his irritating partner, whom he’s not even sure he likes. And then the rogue Circ he’s been sent to kill turns his heart inside out and his resolve to nothing. He’s seriously losing his edge, because he wants to mark both Circs as his own. But if he does, what will that mean to the future he’s mapped out for himself?
He’ll have to gamble on his instincts to ignore what his head is telling him. Sometimes being rational means less than nothing if the heart isn’t happy. And Gray will be damned if he’ll let himself lose at love. Now he and his partner just have to convince one stubborn female to take that same chance.


If you'e like to read an excerpt, hop on over to my website here http://www.marieharte.com/GraysonsGamble_exc.html
I'm also giving away a copy of Fallon's Flame http://loose-id.com/Dawn-Endeavor-1-Fallons-Flame.aspx to one lucky commenter. Enjoy!

Thanks for letter me blog today. It's been a blast.
Marie
Don't miss Grayson's Gamble, coming to Loose Id Nov 22nd!

Thank you Marie for joining us today, I very excited about Grayson's book and can't wait to read it- love all your books (Wendy)

20 comments:

  1. I Love both series- Dawns Endeavor and Circes Recruits. I can't go in the drawing but I just wanted everyone to know...again LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to say that I *think* I'm the lists resident lesbian. I'd really like to see some of the paranormal authors take a walk on the wild side and try their hand at more alternative story lines. It looks like Marie does that...more with men then women.

    My question is this: Do you think you will write a story with a lesbian story line?

    Btw, even though I am a lesbian, I do like the particular pictures of your recruits! I do like a handsome man......so I'd have to go with Frederik....

    Dawn Salisbury
    mstiggerlicious@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My! Yummy Indeed! Book Cover Candy is Great!
    Love The Books!!!

    ~April

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no way to pick just one. I want them all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Wendy. To Blowingfeather, the f/f market is niche but growing. I've only written one story with f/f interaction, and the romance was centrally a m/f story, with elements of f/f and m/m as well (Willa's Wish). I don't mind f/f stories, but it's not something that I look for or that floats my boat, per se. I know Cleis Press has some nice anthologies, though. And I absolutely loved Jacqueline Carey's Santa Olivia, which features lesbian leads. A wonderful story, if you haven't read it. As for me, I don't plan to write any lesbian storylines in the future, but I never say never. Thanks for the comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. April and Shonna, yeah, I love those pictures. I don't usually have a face in mind when I write but for some reason I played around with the Dawn Endeavor guys. Loving it. :)

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your men, Marie, and I can't believe I haven't started this series yet. Thanks for the chance to get with the program with Fallon's Flame.

    gfc follower
    cathy m
    caity_mack at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when an author gives you a glimpse of what she "thinks" her characters might look like. I've read both series and let me tell you, the pics above are dead on for me. For an author to say "this is close to what I think he looks like" and you can read the book while picturing these men in your head is just awesome. Now if I could just get Marie to give me a small peak at Zack & Ace - lol (and yes I know she said she really only did it with the DE series but a girl can always hope, right??)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! you know how to keep this girl smiling :) cheezie as it sounds..I do enjoy the visuals of fantasy...It drives me to keep reading as they say " a page turner"...keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have read both Circe's and Dawn and I enjoyed both of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Marie,
    Thank you for spending time with your Fans today, I really enjoy your writing & Love your Circes Recruits Series. I don't know how I possibly missed Dawns Endeavor Series, but it is definitely on my TBR List now. Wow thank you for the Eye Candy, I Love the Men you choose for your inspiration for the Dawn Endeavor Guys, I sure will be thinking of those images when I read those books ;)
    Take Care & Happy Writing,
    Renee'
    paranormalromancefan@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. umm hot damn i didnt see anything but the MEN.. to meet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is neat seeing what an author thinks her characters should look like. I couldn't see the face, but I still am going to go with Frederik for my fav.
    Thanks for sharing a bit about your own background and for the giveaway opportunity.

    GFC: Sophia Rose
    sophiarose1816@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Cathy M and Bridget. Yeah, those pictures really helped inspire me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you liked them, bcsndr123. :) Paranormalfan, I had only intended to write the Circe's Recruits books, but those other Circs just surprised me at the end. And then I was done with Circe's Recruits, and Grayson wouldn't shut up. haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey LT and Sophia Rose. Good luck on the giveaway. I only wish they could have used my inspiration pics on the covers. But I really, really loved the one for Gunnar's Game. He is so hot, and she's so pretty. sigh. I so wish I was Ava... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. And lastly, thanks to Wendy for inviting me. This was fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry I missed Marie Harte by getting here so late but I love the blog and the pictures - OH MAN (MEN!!). My picks would be Julian and Frederik. I can't wait to read these books and think of the pics as I read.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Marie, please feel free to come back any time, we loved having you with us today

    ReplyDelete
  20. Conformed by the whorizontal? Not no mo. Here’s a thought which shall influence U.S. to reach for Utopia no matter what the cost: FOUR!! blogs which tell of the exxxcitement Heaven has to offer, which is an eternity of pleasure-beyond-measure; we ROTE {theeyebeam} to show a true story about sex in Heaven after we croak (apparently, most of U.S. are completely unaware of this fact). C'mon, people. The Liar's a deceiver: absolutely no sex in Hell amid the flames and filth, yet, puh-lenty of sex Upstairs for the length and breadth of eternity. God bless you. Meet me Upstairs.

    ReplyDelete